Zoning Officer - Jeff McLaughlin (724) 925-9700
U.C.C. Building Inspector - Michael Stack (724) 493-7793
U.C.C. Electrical Inspector - Max Summerville (800) 506-5432
When do I need a Building Permit?
The easiest way to find out whether you need a building permit or not, is to call the Borough office at (724) 925-9700. Typically, all new construction, remodeling, alterations and room additions need building permits. All work must meet the standards of the Uniform Construction Code as well as the Zoning Ordinance.
Samples of some improvements requiring a permit are:
- Decks and patio covers
- Swimming Pools
- Retaining Walls
- Garages, carports and sheds
- Room Additions
Step by step guide to obtaining a building permit:
Fees are assessed according to the cost of the construction; inspection fees are paid prior to issuing a permit.
- Bring in ideas and receive an application
- Submit completed application with plans and pay for all required permits and plan reviews.
- Receive building permit. CAUTION - any construction begun without a building permit may result in a fine.
- Building inspections may be required. The permit official will indicate what is needed.
- Final inspections will be required when all work is completed.